Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rockhampton Weddings Expo Sunday 27th June 2010



This is Darryl  Strelow and his daughter  Deborah watching over proceedings of the Bridal Fashion Parade


Hi Everyone, Well home from the big day what a day! A wonderful and successful day!  Talked to many upcoming brides about their desires and wishes for their cake. 
Well done to Margaret, Deborah and Rachael for organising such a day.  We had over 50 exhibitors covering everything you need for your wedding. 
The day started with a heavy fog (it's going to be a warm one) and it was a delightful day once the fog cleared.  Blue skies and sunny what every bride wishes for their day.  We had 220 brides register for the grand prize of the day worth $9000. This was won by Kimberly Muir.  Congratulations.
We had over 500 people through the gate.  Thank you to my daughter who stepped in at the last minute to help there and hopefully has a tan from it. (I volunteered her, so my fault she got sunburnt.  Oppsss)
The morning was busy and I handed out many a business card and leaflets which gave people some infomation on who I am and what I do.
I had some taste testing for the brides of the flavours I make.  These were very well received.  Favourite?  Coming out at first I'd say was the Cherry ripe Mud Cake followed by my Silver White Sponge and surprisingly my traditional Fruit Cake was very well received and tasted a couple times by the same people.  Very rewarding and pleasing that the fruit cake can still hold its own.

Taste testing ready on the beautiful antique side board for when the peoples come in.

This was my dislay table in the dining room of Goldston House before the opening of the gates.

I stopped for a second to take photos of the crowd in the room (just to prove that I'm telling the truth hehe)

Another shot of the room.  Marry Me Bridal was at the other end in the lounge room

Some of the beautiful bridal fashion of the afternoon in the beatiful gardens of Goldston House. (Well everything was beautiful!)

One of the cakes I had on display. 2 Tier Mud cake, covered in chocolate ganache with marbled choc slabs round sides.  Hand made Gum flowers and leaves to finish it off.

Well hoped you enjoyed a glimpse of what happened today. 
Will post a few more cakes onto my Cake Pages tomorrow.  Always enjoy life.  God Bless

2 comments:

Kym :) said...

LOVE all the photo's of the Bridal Expo -well done....sounds like you had a wonderful time. Chat Soon :)

Tracey Hewitt said...

Gail...what a beautiful display! Really enjoyed looking at this - wish I had been there to taste test though!